v1.0 since 16 October 2007 downloaded 2741 times
v1.1 since 31 March 2008 downloaded 2225 times
v1.2 since 11 September 2008 downloaded 1717 times
v1.3 since 16 December 2008 downloaded 2475 times
v1.4 since 9 February 2009 downloaded 3348 times
v1.5 since 16 August 2009 downloaded 5393 times
v2.x since 2 September 2010 downloaded 14663 times
WordPress is becoming more than ever a tool to open blog/websites and CMSs in an easier way. Users are increasing day by day; one of the limits however is the restricted and predefined fields that are available in the registered users profile: it is difficult for example to ask for the acceptance of “Terms and Conditions of Use” or “Permission to use personal data”.
It’s also possible to set a password during registration combined to equalTO rule, only people who knows the password can register.
We have developed a WordPress plug-in to do this.
There are some plug-ins that do something similar, but this one wants to focus on giving the administrator the possibility to add all fields needed, on the rules that can be defined for each field, and in giving the possibility to both administration and the user to change the data inserted.
Security bug fix release, strongly recommended to update!
If this plug-in saved you LOT of time and LOT of money, think about a donation!
As for now the plug-in supports these type of fields:
future versions can have more.
Following WordPress hidden fields can be enabled during registration:
- Yahoo im
- Jabber/Google Talk
- biographical info
- image upload with crop/resize functions
- custom welcome email (non MS installations)
- custom registration logo (non MS installations)
- email confirmation (non MS installations)
- form confirmation (non MS installations)
- username equal to the email address (non MS installations)
- much more!
The plug-in adds two new menu voices in the admin for the administrator and two for users.
Two new menus are:
- WordPress and WordPress MultiSite per-blog registration:
- “Users -> Users Extended” – lets you show users lists with the new fields that are created
- “Settings -> Cimy User Extra Fields” – lets administrators add as many new fields as are needed to the users’ profile, giving the possibility to set some interesting rules.
- WordPress MultiSite unique registration:
- “Network Admin -> Users Extended” – lets you show users lists with the new fields that are created
- “Network Admin -> Cimy User Extra Fields” – lets administrators add as many new fields as are needed to the users’ profile, giving the possibility to set some interesting rules.
- min/exact/max length admitted
- field can be empty
- check for e-mail address syntax
- field can be modified after the registration
- field equal to some value
- equal to can be or not case sensitive
- field can be hidden during registration
- field can be hidden in user’s profile
- field can be hidden in A&U Extended page
- field can be hidden in Search Engine (only if you installed the template)
- field can be hidden in Blog’s public page (only if you installed the template)
- all visualization rules can be overridden if an user has certain rights (default=no override)
New fields will be visible everywhere by default, a part some WordPress fields.
BEFORE writing to me read carefully ALL the documentation AND the FAQ. Missing this step means you are wasting my time!
Bugs can be mailed at: email@example.com